Aluminium - Care & Maintenance
Aluminium is an ideal metal for outdoor use as it is strong but also lightweight. Our aluminium is electrostatically coated with environmentally friendly paint which is toughened to minimise scratching and chipping. Aluminium does not rust so the furniture can be kept outside all year around and is corrosion resistant meaning that it will not rust, irrespective of how long it is kept outdoors. The result is furniture that’s virtually maintenance-free.
- Use a dry, clean cloth to dust furniture weekly.
- For spot cleaning, spray off any debris with a hose and brush off any dirt or debris with a soft-bristle brush. Spores that create mould and mildew thrive in environments with dirt and moisture. Dry with a soft cloth.
- Avoid hitting metal furniture pieces against one another and avoid dragging along the ground. On table tops, we recommend placemats to avoid scratches that can chip the finish and promote oxidization.
- Avoid letting water stand on the surface of your furniture and cushions.
- When furniture is not in use for an extended period of time, protect it by covering or storing it. Before covering, furniture needs to be thoroughly cleaned and dried. Cushions should be removed and stored in a dry place if possible.
To maintain Aluminium furniture in the best possible condition we recommend Golden Care® products. Golden Care® Company's key objective is to keep outdoor furniture looking new and to give it long term protection against the effects of the weathering process. And at the same time, cause minimal impact to the environment and human safety and comfort.
Golden Care® Multi Surface Outdoor Furniture Cleaner 2: Aluminium over time will collect some dirt and light staining from its environment. To clean this, we recommend Golden Care Multi Surface Outdoor Furniture Cleaner 2. Rinse with water and dry with a soft cloth.
Golden Care® Protector for Powder Coated Metals: Aluminium furniture can also be protected from the elements, we recommend Golden Care® Protector for Powder Coated Metals.
If you require more information on the Golden Care® range, please visit http://www.golden-care.com.